CHIESA E CHIOSTRO DI SAN LORENZO
The architectural complex is formed by the church, built in the second half of the XV century on a previous oratory and a XVII century cloister overlooked by the many rooms of the Franciscan friars minor convent.
The church was extensively restored after the 1919 earthquake. It presents a three naves structure, divided by round arches and a beautiful wooden panelled ceiling.
The side altars frame two remarkable Andrea della Robbia’s glazed terracottas, depicting the Nativity, the deposition of Christ and the effigies of Cardinal Dovizi and Pope Leo X. The cloister was built in the first half of the XVII century and develops on two levels. It has a slender shape and graceful columns; the original frescoes above the arches have been covered by paintings in the 1940s.